Alphabet: project for a doable dance
choreography: Marco Valerio Amico, Rhuena Bracci
with: Carolina Amoretti, Sissj Bassani, Rhuena Bracci
sound: Roberto Rettura
produced by: Nanou Ass. Cult.
co-produced by: NaoCrea / DidStudio
with the contribution of: MIBACT, Regione Emilia-Romagna, Comune di Ravenna, Fondo per la Danza d’Autore della Regione Emilia-Romagna 2017/2018
supported by: Cantieri Danza
1. in mathematics, synonymous with application, function, correspondence;
2. detailed graphic representation of a zone;
3. geography, prospectus, scheme;
4. In computer science, the list of the positions in memory (or addresses) of the instructions or variables of a coded program.
5. part of the key that is introduced into the lock to activate the lock mechanism.
Space is a map. A map the dancer has to respect to obtain the limit able to verify the evidence of the work, underlining the paths to be taken.
Map as aerial and as a path.
The map is evidence that allows the reading of what the choreutical action is taking place.
The task of choreography is to highlight the limit to find ways to escape, to grasp the creative incident.